Caitlin has a ton of new nicknames this week: Dots McGee, Dotty, Pinkalicious....
The poor thing has the chicken pox. She had a fever Tuesday night, I noticed a few spots on her Wednesday morning, and by Wednesday evening she was covered. As of today (Friday) I think the spots have "peaked" and are starting to scab over (gross I know, but that's when she's not contagious so I'm happy)...unfortunately, this seems to be when the "itchy-ness" occurs. I was surprised how not itchy she was, until today. It's really torture watching her be so itchy. We are doing lots of lotion, oatmeal baths, benedryl, and milkshakes (the last thing just makes mommy feel better).
We are hoping by Monday she's back to her old self...and Abigail doesn't get them...or gets them ASAP since school starts in 2 weeks for ALL of us and it's hard to work and go to school with chicken pox!
As for me, I had them when I was little so I'm immune, which means the baby is immune as of now. I'm going in Monday for bloodwork just to confirm that I don't have the virus, but they aren't too worried.
I'm gonna leave this post without pictures because it's better left to the imagination! We are just looking forward to healthier days!!!!
1 comment:
So sorry Caitlin!!!!!! Hope you are feeling better this weekend!!!!
Post a Comment