Thursday, December 22, 2011

Study Point

I was recently asked to learn about a ACT/SAT tutoring program in the Chicagoland area called Study Point.  Being a former teacher...and a parent of 2 future (in the long future) college students...I was very interested in learing about Study Point. 

Study Point is a one-on-one tutoring program that focuses on ACT/SAT test prep.  However, they also cover other topics such as math (algebra, geometry, etc), writing, and French. 

One of the things I really liked about Study Point is that the tutor comes to your home.  Even with 2 young girls, I can already see how helpful this would be that a parent could be in the comfort of his/her own home.

I looked at the Chicagoland area and was very impressed that the first 2 tutors I read about both hold a master's degree.  If a tutor is going to be working with my child to prep for college, I think it's important that the tutor has a lot of college experience.

The one thing I could not find was the cost of having a Study Point tutor.  However, I read that the average student goes up 3 ACT points, and I know the difference between a 24 and a 27 on an ACT test could result in HUGE college financial scholarships.  One parents commented that their child received a scholarship for $19,000 per year...that is a lot of money!!!!

My daughters are still far away from college, although I know the next 13 years will fly by!  I would definitely look into Study Point for my daughters when the time comes.  I feel that the best thing I could do for my daugthers is give them the confidence and testing skills necessary to do well on their ACT.

(I was compensated for this review).

No comments: