This weekend was a local run in our town to kick off the Town's Festival. I was excited to run because the winner of each age division won a new pair of Nike shoes and I thought I had a chance to win my age division...since I'm getting old and everything!!!
However, instead of running to win, I decided to run with my 2 favorite running buddies!!!!
Since I was pushing the running stroller, I had to start in the very back. And since it's a course on a small path, there was really no way of passing, so I was running at a walkers pace (I swear, my first mile was like 12 minutes)...but I knew that so I just enjoyed being out there. We did a little running, a lot of walking...and the girls ran the last few hundred yards with me which was so much fun!!
My dad decided to come and run with us that morning. He's not used to running short distances (only 3 miles) so he didn't know how'd it go....even though we knew he'd do great!!!
Go Grandpa!!!
Getting ready to start the race!!!!
And just as we thought...my dad did GREAT...and WON his age division!!!!
The winner
He was a little surprised because there was someone his age in front of him...but the guy was actually in a younger age division!!!
And along with the pride of winning, my dad got a new pair of Nikes...and here they are:
My dad decided to give me the Nikes...which was so nice of him. I was really surprised...and very very grateful because I really needed a new pair of running shoes!!!! I went and got fitted for Nikes (because I've never run in Nikes before) and they gave me the BEST pair of shoes they have. I couldn't believe what an awesome pair of shoes I got. I CAN NOT WAIT to cross a finish line in these babies!!!
Thank you so much dad...and way to go. It was really just fun having him run with us.
After the race, the local festival began, so we spent a few hours with the girls at the festival. They had so much fun playing...and eating! :) We were sad that Rob and my mom weren't there (golf and wedding shower) but it was a great morning!!!!

2 comments:
go joe!
I want some new shoes! Great work! You are awesome and me hero :)!
Post a Comment