Friday, March 25, 2011

"Aba"

As most people know, Caitlin isn't talking yet.  She had a delay in hearing so I'm not too worried about her delay in talking (she's like 16 1/2 months old).  But I wait, wait, wait for the day when I hear "mama" or "dada".  She does say "hop" when you ask her what a bunny does, and makes a "d" sound for dog.

Today Abigail fell asleep in the car and I was getting Caitlin out first.  She looked over and Abigail and said "Aba"!  I couldn't believe it!!  She said it again and again!

It may be a fluke, but I'm putting it in the books that "Aba" is her first word!  I think saying her sister's name is even sweeter than mama or dada (but I still can't wait)!

Here's two not great videos of her saying "Aba". 
Melt.  My.  Heart.







3 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so sweet!

neici said...

Oh that is so sweet. It must warm your heart to know how much she loves her sister.

Julie said...

Yay Caitlin!!!! It sounds like you have a very special bond with your big sis!!!! I cant wait to teach you "Aunt Julie."