Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shedd with Cousins

This weekend, my cousin (2nd...but we are closer like 1st) Jessica, her husband Jake, and their daughters Gabriella and Kendall came down from Wisconsin for the weekend.  We had a great time.  It was the first time the girls had met each other..and they really loved spending time with each other.   Abigail and Gabby (Yep..Abbi and Gabby) held hands everywhere they went...it was adorable!

We met them at the Shedd.  And I did a TERRIBLE job of taking pictures.  We saw the whole Shedd, and I think I took 4 pictures.  Such a bummer....

Abigail pretending to be a penguin in the Polar Play

A cute penguin and her daddy

Exploiring some coral

After Shedd, we were planning to go to American Girl Store (the girls have twin American Girl Bitty Babies and we were going to get them each an outfit) but the weather was a bummer...and it was the St Patty's Day parade, so it was insane.  So instead we headed to Navy Pier and enjoyed running around there, and some Garrett's popcorn and even a "treat" for the adults!

Gabby and Abbi

Enjoying the sites of the gardens at Navy Pier...so cute!

After Navy Pier, the 4 girls were close to meltdown time, so we headed back to our house for some more "treats" for the mommies and daddies...and some deep dish pizza!

Kendall, Gabby, and Abigial watching a movie

Miss Caitlin getting some quality Gloworm Time

It was so wonderful to spend time with family...and the highlight of the night had to be when I pulled out a video of Jess and I doing a dance to New Kids when we were like 12.  It was awesome and embarrassing all rolled into one!!!  We are looking forward to our visit up to Wisconsin for a Brewer's game next!!!!  And I have a feeling Rob may be getting in on the next Wisconsin hunting season!  ;)

No comments: